Many people suffer from a painful medical condition called gout. Referred to as ‘gouty arthritis’, gout attacks the joints of the body and is often associated with more serious conditions such as high blood pressure, kidney disease and diabetes. In order to deter the condition from totally damaging the joints, tendons, and other tissues, it is imperative that gout remedies are utilized effectively.
In the United States alone, there are an estimated 2million people victimized by the condition. Men who are middle-aged account for at least 75-90% of its victims. Women who are post-menopausal sometimes develop gout; perhaps due to the drop in estrogen. More so, gout attacks people who are also overweight and drink excessively. Those men and women who can relate to these risk factors should adhere and take precautions to deter the onset or progression of the condition.
Gout remedies are used as a prevention method, in most cases. The traditional treatments provided by the medical healthcare providers are generally acute. Meaning, they are implemented to take control of the current uric acid buildup in the joints. The ultimate objective is to alleviate your pain and rid of the buildup that may cause the condition to progressively worsen.
Physicians recommend several gout prevention and managing remedies. These remedies provide a variety of elements that help excrete the excess buildup of uric acid in the blood. There are several common causes of elevated uric acid levels such as medications, poor kidney function, improper dieting or poor diet. To combat the onset of gout and effectively deter these triggers, simply implement the medically approved gout remedies into your lifestyle. Such remedies include:
- Alfalfa: Good source of minerals and other nutrients that aide in the reduction of uric acid.
- Ice: Applying an ice-pack for 10min and alternating with a warm towel on affected area numbs and sooths the pain.
- Black Cohash: Controls blood acidity.
- Castor Oil Packs: Use twice daily for one hour. Castor Oil helps ease the pain by soaking a white flannel with it; then apply to heating pad onto affected area.
- Grapes: This fruit is high in alkalines; thereby lessening the acidity of the uric acid.