Arthritis can lead you to a very painful day. This can cause a disturbance in your everyday activities because just moving a little can cause too much ache and pain. There are three types of arthritis: rheumatoid, gouty, and osteoarthritis.
One of the common types of arthritis is the gouty arthritis, called by several people simply as gout. It is caused by the excessive amount of uric acid in the tissues and blood, which crystallizes in the joints. You can easily recognize it from the other kinds of arthritis because it can be felt in the big toe, thus, most people commonly call it “gouty big toe”.
This can last for a few hours to days and the attack is so sudden. It can also appear in the heel of the hand, ankles, ear, elbows, and wrists with the presence of inflammation and extreme pain. Because of this, people find ways to cure it and one of them is the use of natural gout treatment for pain relief.
Gout is experienced by people having high levels of uric acid, which is due to excessive intake of alcohol, coffee, soft drinks, and foods such as anchovies, mushrooms, asparagus, legumes, organ meat, and shellfish.
Sometimes it is also associated with hereditary metabolic disorder, food allergies, use of diuretics, too much potassium, stress, and overweight. This can be managed by means of medicines and other natural gout pain relief such as the ones listed below:
1. Bilberry: very effective in relieving gout because of its high flavonoids and anthocyanosides contents.
2. Alfalfa: helps in lowering the serum uric acid level because of the minerals and other nutrients present in it.
3. Buchu tea: helps in the excretion of uric acid crystals.
4. Blueberries: contains anthocyanins an anti-inflammatory and can relieve the pain.
5. Fresh cherries: daily consumption of 6-8 fresh cherries relieves its symptoms because of its enzymes that neutralize uric acid, and the presence of anthocyanins that has an anti-inflammatory effect.
6. Devil’s claw: a natural cleansing agent and lowers down uric acid levels. It must be taken 3x a day amounting to 400 mg dried extract.
7. Grapes: lessens the acidity of the uric acid because of its alkaline property and it also aids in the flushing out of uric acid crystals.
8. Minceddevil garlic added to the blackberry juice and sometimes just cloves of raw garlic can be a very effective management.
9. 1/3 cup of ground ginger put in a bathtub of water: soaking for 30 minutes will cause sweating and eventually lead to the elimination of uric acid from the tissues.
10. A cup of strawberries taken with meals will neutralize the presence of uric acid within the body.
There are a lot of management and cures offered for those suffering from this condition. Gout is usually manageable using medicines and natural gout pain relief. But most importantly, we must become conscious of our health and well-being in order to prevent any diseases and illnesses.